Bad Vision After Cataract Surgery
I feel like my vision is still bad after cataract surgery, what could be causing this?
The main causes of bad vision after cataract surgery are :
1. uncorrected refractive error (the need to wear prescription glasses or reading glasses)
2. pre-existing eye conditions (retinal problems such as macular degeneration, macular hole, diabetic retinopathy,
epiretinal membrane; optic nerve problems such as glaucoma; corneal problems such as dry eye syndrome; or lazy eye
also known as amblyopia)
3. delayed healing due to corneal or macular swelling (corneal edema or cystoid macular edema)
4. surgical complications (posterior capsule rupture, vitreous loss, or an eye infection called
5. posterior capsule opacification also known as a secondary "cataract" which is easily treated with a yag
You should discuss any concerns about your bad vision after cataract surgery with your ophthalmologist in order
to understand your particular situation better and how to treat it.